View a 10% preview of these notes below.
This is a 95 page, 35,000 word comprehensive guide to criminal law covering all of the semesters work for LAW5001 at Monash University.
I used these throughout the entire semester. The long notes were particuarly helpful when learning the material. The short notes were used during the exam. There are over 69 case summaries included– all from the reading guide and therefore examinable material. Legislation has been provided for complext topics: sexual offences, property offences, jury directions act, family violence provisions, self defence, attempts and criminal procedure.
1. Short Notes
2. Long Notes
3. Case summaries for all examinable material on the reading guide.
4. Statutory Provisions
These notes were used for the criminal law exam. The short notes section contains the page numbers for all relevant provisions/cases contained in the book.
This book includes a contents page.
1. Non-Fatal Offences– s15A, s15B, s16, s17, s18, s20, s21, s24, common law assault & apprehension
2. Homicide– murder, UDA manslauhgter, negligent manslaughter, negligent omission manslaughter.
3. Self Defence
4. Rape– s38, s39
5. Sexual Offences– s40, s41, s42, s43, s44, s45
6. Property Offences– theft, OPD, OFAD, Robbery/armed, burglary/aggravated,
8. Criminal Procedure– arrest w/ warrant + w/o warrant, detainment, VCHR.
I studied an arts degree at the University of Melbourne and am now undertaking the Juris Doctorate at Monash University!
You must log in to submit a review.