View a 10% preview of these notes below.
These notes are very detailed and comprehensive and provides plain English explanations for all legal concepts pertaining to corporations law. Case law and legislation is discussed in detail, with significant focus on the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth).
Notes are easy to read with various keys used to make it easy to scan through. For example, green represents a legislative reference whereas yellow represents a case discussion.
Topics covered in these notes include:
1. Joint Ventures
2. Sole Trader(s)
3. Incorporated and Unincorporated Associations
4. Partnerships – Existence and Contractual Liability
5. Partnerships – General
6. Public v Proprietary Companies & The Creation of a Company
7. Separate Legal Entity & The Lifting of the Corporate Veil
8. Promoters & Pre Registration Contracts
9. Internal Governance Rules
12. Companies’ Contractual Liability
13. Member’s Meetings & Director’s Meetings
14. Director’s Duties – Duty of Care
15. Director’s Duties – Duty to Prevent Insolvent Trading
16. Director’s Duties – Duty to Act in Good Faith
17. Director’s Duties – Duty to Act for Proper Purpose
18. Director’s Duties – Duty to Prevent Conflict of Interest
19. Membership Rights – Non Court Resolutions
20. Membership Rights – Oppression
21. Membership Rights – Derivative Action
22. Payment of Dividends
23. Capital Maintenance
25. External Administration
You must log in to submit a review.