View a 10% preview of these notes below.
Achieved a HD with these comprehensive yet succinct notes for the written final exams. There are six pages of cheat sheets for the actual final exams organised into the types of registered/unregistered interests dealt with and other key topics. The cheat sheets are broken down into legal issues, tests, case law and statutes, and succinct descriptions of significant cases and their relevant legal principles.
These notes also include a separate detailed section on the Torrens system, and the principle of indefeasibility and its exceptions, to facilitate your understanding of this topic in the curriculum. Key cases are broken down into the facts, issue, and judgment. The main principles of Torrens indefeasibility have also been built into the six-page cheat sheet.
– Torrens title & Indefeasibility (between Registered interest & Unregistered interest)
– section 43A of Real Property Act + ‘first in time’ rule (between Unregistered interests)
– Caveats (ss 74F-74R of the Real Property Act)
– Mortgages in Torrens System (including Mortgagee’s Rights, Power of Sale, Duties, Duty of Care, Duty of Good Faith, Remedies, Priority dispute, etc.)
– Adverse Possession
– Possession (Losing & Finding)
– Abandonment of Title
– Legal interest in Land
– Relativity of Title
– Actions with respect to personal property
You must log in to submit a review.