View a 10% preview of these notes below.
This is a summary of my lecture notes (which I had written down in a book), which I used for my exam revision and it helped it quite a lot. It also includes a list of genes studied (linked to their disease and some key points) and lecture questions (with answers) which were given each week.
Contents of summary notes include:
– The Human Genome: The Human Genome Project and Genomics
– Mendelian Genetics, Recombination, Haplotypes and Linkages
– Human Genetics: Genetic Variation in Health and Disease
– The Genetic Analysis of Populations – Linkage Disequilibrium and Non-Mendelian (complex) Genetics
– The genetic analysis of populations Genome-wide association studies – GWAS
– Sequencing the Human Genome, Next generation sequencing
– Cancer Genetics
– Gene expression and gene expression profiling
– eQTL Epigenetics. DNA methylation Imprinting and X-inactivation
– The Genetics of Ageing (Alzheimer’s disease) Stem cells Induced. Pluripotent Stem Cells
– Chromosomal Abnormalities
– Genetic Testing
Hope this helps you out as much as it did to me!
You must log in to submit a review.