View a 10% preview of these notes below.
These are comprehensive and detailed exam revision notes on 18 lectures which introduce you to the basics of Environmental Systems, an essential part of any first-year physical geography course. The notes outline the core yet complex geographic processes in an well organised and understandable way, with key words and information highlighted in red in order to speed up the revision process. Key finds and concepts from the required readings for these lectures are included in the notes.
The topics cover:
1. Earth system Science
2. Physical Oceanography 1: Plate tectonics, ocean basins and seawater
3. Physical Oceanography 2: Surface Ocean circulation
4. Deep ocean circulations
5. Physical oceanography 3 waves and tides
6. Atmospheres: Climate
7. Atmospheres: weather
8. Hydrology 1: The hydrological system from global to river basic scales
9. Alpine glaciers and basin storage
10. Ice Sheets and Sea Ice
11. Hydrology II: catchment processes
12. Hydrology III: low flows storage and water
13. Disaster Management 2: Climate change
14. Ecology 1: Biomes
15. Solid Earth 2: weathering, regolith’s and soils
14. Solid Earth 3: Erosion and Denudation
16. Ecology 2: Feedbacks
17. Disaster Management 1: Natural Hazards and extreme events
18. Solid Earth 4: Evolving landscapes
You must log in to submit a review.