View a 10% preview of these notes below.
These comprehensive notes span 60 pages and over 30,000 words and cover the following topics:
– Equality, discrimination and the law;
– History of anti-discrimination law
– Framework of anti-discrimination legislation
– Notable cases such as Purvis v NSW
– Protected attributes in federal legislation
– Prohibited conduct such as direct and indirect discrimination and harassment
– Specific areas of prohibited conduct such as work, education and more
– defences and exception to discrimination actions
– Types of liability
– Procedures and remedies
– Positive action
– Fair Work Act (specifically s 351)
– Government Equality Measures
– The future of anti-discrimination law; what more can be done for equality (i.e bill of rights).
Notes include relevant cases with full citation and legislative provisions noted where relevant.
You must log in to submit a review.